Do you want more information about this project? Contact Matthijs Botman: boek.AIGT@nvtg.org
Questions about donations or pre-orders? Contact Louise Hoevenaars and Remco van Egmond: email@example.com
This campaign has been started by a group of enthousiastic doctors with a joint passion for international healthcare. Most of them work or have worked as global health doctor or are training to get there. In their daily jobs they have been confronted with the inequity in access to and quality of healthcare. They have worked in different countries and have experience in collaborating with local colleagues from different cultures and different healthcare systems. Their experiences have convinced them that global health doctors can contribute to better healthcare, both in The Netherlands as well as internationally.
The following people are part of the campaign team:
- Matthijs Botman, MD GHTM, plastic surgeon
- Barend Gerretsen, MD GHTM, head of OIGT, KIT
- Maartje Goudswaard, MD GHTM, OIGT, iMMO
- Esther Jurgens, policy advisor at NVTG
- Rinse Meester, MD GHTM, resident orthopaedic surgery
- Thom Hendriks, resident GHTM
- Remco van Egmond, resident GHTM
- Wouter Botman, Uitgeverij Boekschap (publisher)
- Marlies Hummelen, Uitgeverij Boekschap
- Heleen Koudijs, AIGT i.o.
- Louise Hoevenaars, AIGT i.o.
- Erik Wehrens, AIGT i.o.
- Nathan Beijneveld, AIGT i.o.
- Maria Bakker AIGT i.o.
- Gea Ballering AIGT i.o.
- Carlie Timmers AIGT i.o
- Tom Versteege, SUMMA Medical Student at Universiteit Utrecht
- Kevin van den Berg, SUMMA Medical Student at Universiteit Utrecht
- Tim van Elst, Medical Student
- Aernout Bos, Medical Student
- Paulien Kok, Medical Student
This team is advised by:
- Ankie van den Broek, MD GHTM, chairwoman of NVTG
- Arjan Hogewoning, MD GHTM, head of the STD clinic of the Amsterdam GGD
- Ed Zijlstra, MD GHTM, internist, director of the Rotterdam Centre for Tropical Medicine
- Frank Poen, MD GHTM, chairman of the board of St Elizabeth Hospital in Curacao
- Pieter van Thiel, MD GHTM, internist, Amsterdam Centre for Tropical Medicine
- Leon Bijlmakers, international health, Radboud UMC
- Njord Pattiasina, healthcare international, Berenschot
- Steven van de Vijver, MD GHTM, writer, GP
- Tessa Thiadens, MD GHTM, Medecins Sans Frontières